Regional Labor Market Information (LMI) Profile
Information on jobs in Massachusetts is provided through the Current Employment Statistics (CES) monthly estimates of employment by industry. Hours and earnings estimates of production workers in manufacturing industries are produced for the Commonwealth.
Quarterly Employment and Wage data provide comprehensive information on jobs and wages by industry and area for the State and sub-state areas including New England City and Town Statistical Areas, labor market areas (LMA), local workforce investment areas (WIA), counties and cities and towns.
- Labor Force/Unemployment Rates
- Massachusetts Employment Projections
- Employer Locator by City and NACIS
- Job Vacancy Survey
- Business Hiring Expectations
- Unemployment Information (LMI) Publications
- Other Labor Market Information Resources
- Labor Market Economists
- Labor Market Terms and Definitions
- LMI Acronyms and Abbreviations
- Historical Labor Market Data
- Links to Economic Information
Annual Profile for Massachusetts
This document is designed to identify and better understand the region’s labor market, training system and Critical and Emerging industries. It is also designed to be an aid in partnering the region’s workforce development system with the region’s development needs.
- Labor market and population highlights of the state
- Map of the 16 workforce areas in Massachusetts
- Profile of Unemployment Insurance Claimants
- Labor force and Unemployment Statistics
- Area Size Class Table
- Industry Employment and Wage Statistics
- Location Quotient Tables
- Industry and Occupational Projections, 2006 to 2016
- Occupation Wage Data
- Labor Force Participation Rates
- 2000 – 2009 Census Population Data
- Journey to Work Data from the 2000 Census
Click here to read full report.
Contact a Business Service Representative for additional